Would you prefer to be a big fish in a small pond, or a small fish in a big pond?
LMS is seeking professionals who possess a “big fish mentality” to join our small but fast growing pond. We are a company built on technology made up of passionate innovators who will never say it can’t be done. Our team members make a direct contribution to the success of our products and services on a daily basis. The culture we’ve created supports every individual’s ideas and thoughts; your voice matters to us.
We are seeking problem solvers who thrive on cross-collaboration and enjoy multitasking within an ever-changing, fast-paced environment. We embrace every challenge and rise to the occasion by working together to accomplish collective goals and objectives.
Job Needs and Characteristics
The Digital Content Engineer ensures the pipeline for delivering digital content is scalable and efficient. To achieve this the Digital Content Engineer works cross-functionally to implement content-related product requirements. As a member of a full-stack software development team, the Digital Content Engineer is responsible for coordinating schema development; content authoring and testing tools; authoring, storage and deployment processes; representative sample content for feature development; and metadata strategy for product features.
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or a minimum of three years equivalent experience working as a Digital Content Engineer or equivalent
- Knowledge of information retrieval concepts and practices, large scale relational databases, and content management concepts and techniques
- Basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Groovy, PERL, XSLT, XQuery, or Java
- Dev Ops - Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform , Jenkins, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Docker, Nagios, ELK, Git, SonarQube (knowledge in this spectrum)
- Cloud Platforms - Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Network Protocols - SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, NIS, LDAP, UDP (knowledge in this spectrum)
- Methodologies - Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL and Waterfall (knowledge in this spectrum)
- Ability to design and execute structured analysis
- Understanding of how to use metadata to support information retrieval
- Experience working with JIRA or a comparable bug tracking tool
- Personal leadership, facilitation, problem-solving, organization, and planning skills
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience building alignment and facilitating harmony across and within cross-functional project teams
- Successfully collaborated to implement a product from early stages to completion
- Provide installation and configuration of operations and maintenance of systems, as well as related infrastructure for assigned development commitments
- Work with developers, designers, and architects to ensure configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals
- Coordinate implementation of content requirements
- Explain content and metadata structures to software developers
- Align content deliverables with software development schedules
- Develop and maintaining standard content workflows in order to rapidly scale digital product models
- Troubleshoot and organizing the resolution of content bugs
- Recognize what is needed to achieve company goals and coordinating with different departments to ensure those goals are met
- Get excited by breaking down problems and figuring out viable solutions
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented environment to help elaborate product features and identify dependencies for the underlying content
- Be comfortable leading a cross-functional team to implement content engineering requirements
- Like streamlining processes to optimize them for efficiency and scalability
- Oversight of critical incident and major system escalations from initiation to resolution
- Daily monitoring of server resources and verification of software throughout each development cycle
- Respond to alarms set off by key processes and application logs
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered during testing
Salary range is up to 80k - 90k based upon skills and past experience.
LMS is a team where we reward hard effort and invest in our people. We offer paid time off, merit-based reviews, and continuing education initiatives including company-funded professional development.
After 90 days, medical, dental, and life insurance is offered, along with a simple IRA savings plan that includes a company match up to 3%. Additional benefits include special team-building functions, team lunches, and company cruises.
If you are the type of fish that wants to swim in our pond, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for your time and consideration in joining our LMS family!