WE ARE HERE TO GET SHIP DONE!
Are you ready for fresh air and a fresh perspective? LMS needs innovators looking for a once in a lifetime career pivoting opportunity. LMS is a 3-year partnering brand of difference makers on the Ocean Medallion™ project with Carnival Corporation. Work on the water and join our dream team. You'll find greater challenges, recognition, and rewards.
Our team seeks professionals who want to be captains of their own life and guide teams toward innovative solutions. We achieve the impossible while exploring the world, delivering results on a daily basis.
If you’re ready to make a difference, help us get ship done and join our Global Experience Innovation Team today.
BE A BIG FISH IN A SMALL POND!
Job Needs and Characteristics
The Content Engineer ensures the pipeline for delivering digital content is scalable and efficient. To achieve the right results, the Content Engineer works cross-functionally to implement content-related product requirements. As a member of a full-stack software development team, the Content Engineer is responsible for coordinating schema development; content authoring and testing tools; authoring, storage and deployment processes; representative sample content for feature development; and metadata strategy for product features.
- BA or BS, or a minimum of three years' equivalent experience working as a Content Engineer or equivalent
- Knowledge of information retrieval concepts and practices, large scale relational databases, and content management concepts and techniques
- Basic understanding of programming languages such as Python, Ruby, Groovy, PERL, XSLT, XQuery, or Java
- DevOps experience- Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Docker, Nagios, ELK, Git, SonarQube, or knowledge in this spectrum
- Cloud Platforms - Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Network Protocols - SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, NIS, LDAP, UDP (knowledge in this spectrum)
- Methodologies - Agile, Scrum, Kanban, ITIL, and Waterfall (knowledge in this spectrum)
- Ability to design and execute structured analysis
- Understanding of how to use metadata to support information retrieval
- Experience working with JIRA or a comparable bug tracking tool
- Personal leadership, facilitation, problem-solving, organization, and planning skills
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Experience in building alignment and facilitating harmony within cross-functional project teams
- Successfully collaborated to implement a product from early stages to completion
Knowledgeable with the following is a plus:
- Operating Systems Unix (Linux, OS X), and Windows
- Relational Database (MySQL)
- File Synchronization Tools
- NAT – VIPs
- Packet Capture Tools (Tcpdump/Wireshark)
- IPTV platform
- Load Balancer (HaProxy)
- Apache Tomcat
- Provide installation and configuration of operations and maintenance of systems, as well as related infrastructure for assigned development commitments
- Work with developers, designers, and architects to ensure configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals
- Coordinate implementation of content requirements
- Explain content and metadata structures to software developers
- Align content deliverables with software development schedules
- Develop and maintaining standard content workflows in order to rapidly scale digital product models
- Troubleshoot and organizing the resolution of content bugs
- Recognize what is needed to achieve company goals and coordinating with different departments to ensure those goals are met
- Get excited by breaking down problems and figuring out viable solutions
- Enjoy working in a team-oriented environment to help elaborate product features and identify dependencies for the underlying content
- Be comfortable leading a cross-functional team to implement content engineering requirements
- Enjoy streamlining processes to optimize them for efficiency and scalability
- Oversight of critical incident and major system escalations from initiation to resolution
- Daily monitor the server resources and verification of software throughout each development cycle
- Respond to alarms set off by key processes and application logs
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered during testing
Salary range is up to 80k - 90k based on skills and past experience.
LMS is a team where we reward hard effort and invest in our people. We offer paid time off, merit-based reviews, and continued education initiatives such as company-funded professional development.
On day one of employment, you will be eligible as a full-time, regular employee of LMS, Inc. to participate in our current health insurance programs. The company pays 75% of the employee only base Silver plan, United Health Care. We offer a three-tiered plan, Silver, Gold and Platinum options that allow for spouse, children and family coverage that is employee sponsored via payroll deductions. Additionally, we offer dental, base life and short term disability that is 100% employer sponsored, vision is available and is employee sponsored again via payroll deduction.
We also offer a simple IRA savings plan that includes a company match up to 3%; this can be started during open enrollment after 90 days of employment. Additional benefits include special team-building functions, team lunches, and company cruises. If you’re ready to get ship done, we want to hear from you.
Thank you for your time and consideration in joining our LMS family!